Tuesday, December 25, 2012

December 18, 2012

Westside Tavern

10850 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
West Los Angeles

Hola everyone! Feliz Navidad!! I'm back at it again! This week's post focuses on the juicy Cheeseburger from The Westside Tavern in the Westside Pavilion Mall. First, I would like to applaud the Westside Pavilion Mall and the Westside Tavern for having an upscale establishment. Although my friends and I waited a little longer than expected, the ambiance in the gastropub was delightful. People drinking wine, dim lighting, obscure wooden booths, and the smell of great food were the perks that made this fine establishment. With that said, the ambiance from the Westside Tavern transports you from a normal restaurant in the mall to a grandiose tavern found in Boston.

Now onto the Burger! 1) the Burger bun was a brioche, the same type as the Six Burger from my previous post. This brioche was not as light as the Six but had just about the same qualities. It was a good addition to the burger because it wasn't dominant. 2) Although it's the holidays and I've been in such a great mood, I can't lie to you guys about the Meat on the Cheeseburger. The meat was juicy but was quite average. Each bite was pleasant but it did not have enough to make me get out of my seat and dance, which I would do once I find the perfect burger. The meat was tender and juicy but a little too greasy for my liking. You might say I sound a bit harsh, but when you go and pay a good amount for a burger, you want that punch! 3) The sauce in the burger was basically a garlic aioli spread that was barely smeared on the brioche and as a result I couldn't really taste it . I was hoping I could have more but I don't like asking to add things to the burger once it is presented to me already. 4) The side I ordered were shoestring fries. They were lightly seasoned and tasted like typical fries you might get at Yardhouse or your typical neighborhood Mom and Pop stop. The good thing was, they were cooked it to perfection and was not soggy or too crispy!

Overall the Cheeseburger at the Westside Tavern is ok tasting but a bit average. It is another gourmet burger found on the westside of Los Angeles that is dressed up to seem very upscale but in the end it is very average. (theres nothing wrong with this by the way) My opinion is, if you are trying to get more for your buck, try to order something other than the burger when you go there. Merry Christmas everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment