Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24, 2013


The Golden State

426 N Fairfax Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036

After a month long hiatus.....I'm back at it once again to indulge you with my burger adventures. With the summer approaching, I think its time for everyone to get their grills ready because a summer without barbecuing hot dogs and burgers is just plain Un-American.  With that said, I  am pretty excited to write a review on the Golden State burger joint off of Fairfax just because it's been a favorite of mine for a while now. In the beginning I was a nonbeliever but as I ate every morsel of the burger and fries I truly felt an out of body experience that simply unlike any other. In addition the location on Fairfax is great for picking up some gear or walking into a random pop-up shop. 

Now onto the burger....

The burger I chose was "The Burger" which is the only burger I ever eat at this place. First of all the beef patty was simply amazing. The tenderness of the Harris Ranch beef (if you drive from socal to norcal you would know were Harris Ranch is) coupled with the way it was cooked (medium rare) was just mouthwatering. The gooey-ness of the cheddar with the hint of a bitter taste was the perfect compliment to the richness of the beef patty. In addition, the glazed applewood bacon, was not overbearing but had a smokey taste that gave the burger a dash of uniqueness on top of the powerful punch it already had. The only semblance of a vegetable was the arugla used as lettuce, which was not too bad considering the creamy garlic aioli smothered on both sides of the nicely toasted brioche was transcendent. Overall what makes this burger an experience is the culmination of every little tasteful detail added on top of one another in order to create one hell of a bite. I recommend the Golden State to be on top of the priorty list when your around the area.



No comments:

Post a Comment