Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8, 2016


La Coïncidence 
15 rue Mesnil 
Paris, France 75116

BonJour! Je m'appelle Jeck. Et Toi? Hello there! As I sit here in my office reminiscing about my time in Paris, I can't help but write a review on the "Burger Coincidence" aka the Duck Burger in Paris, France. 

So why to write a review of a Duck Burger, one may ask. Well, Duck is overlooked here in America because it is a beautiful piece of gamey meat that is considered a unique delicacy. In fact, when cooked right, it is utterly fantastic. More specifically, all throughout Paris you will see duck on the menu. Furthermore, the Parisians tend to cook the duck meat just right, so all the natural flavors of the duck, as well as the many spices, merge together to create a super team whose sole mission is to appease your taste buds.

Enough with the introduction and onto the burger! Now this burger is especially unique because its meat patty consisted of ground duck with a variety of spices that was not disclosed to me (which was an ultimate disappoint because there was what I believed to be cumin and paprika). 

So first, let's talk about the bun. The one thing I loved about Paris was the bread. I must admit, I hated bread before Paris, but after having it every day, I started to like it. From baguettes in the morning to sesame buns in the afternoon, the one thing constant about French bread is the light and fluffy texture you get. Now add the light and fluffy texture with a whip of butter to arugula and a duck patty then you got yourself one strong base. 

Second, let's talk about the Emilio Estevez aka the mighty duck aka the duck patty. Now the duck patty was well prepared to my liking. Bite after bite, I could taste little pieces of the succulent duck meat bursting in my mouth with an explosion of flavor. Now, I apologize if that was a bit too intense, but I only speak the truth! Additionally, the meat was cooked medium rare, which means the meat was bloody and juicy at every point of the experience. Full disclosure, we are not talking about Dexter bloody but a right amount of blood to make you think it was cooked. Finally, the mushroom sauce that accompanied the burger was out of this world amazing. I would compare the mushroom sauce to the addition of Margot Robbie in Wolf of Wall Street. Leo as Jordan Belfort was Oscar worthy but add the tantalizing Margot Robbie then you have a movie that should have Best Picture. After devouring the burger in about 15 minutes, all I needed was Margot Robbie and a beer. Luckily I got my beer with no hesitation. So with that said, I believe the Emilio was Elite Worthy. Four stars out of 5 because the French made it. I can't seem to give a French Burger 5 out of 5 because it is truly unamerican. With that said, if you're ever in Paris go to La Coincidence and get the Emilio. After devouring it in an instant, you'll thank me later for writing this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment